February 20 - 23, 27 2023 6.30pm - 7.30pm (GMT) Price 99 USD Registration
Feel frustrated when opening a software trace with millions of messages from hundreds of software components, threads, and processes? Go beyond simple CPU and disk hog monitoring or searching for errors in a text and learn how to efficiently and effectively analyze software traces and logs from complex software environments. In addition to a theoretical part, practical illustrations, examples, and exercises include Microsoft Event Tracing for Windows (ETW), Procmon, Windows Performance Analyzer, and PerfView. This course teaches trace and log analysis using pioneering and innovative pattern-oriented analysis of abnormal software behavior incidents developed by Software Diagnostics Institute.
Prerequisites: Basic Windows troubleshooting.
Audience: Software technical support and escalation engineers, system administrators, security researchers, incident response professionals, software developers, platform engineers, DevSecOps and SRE, and quality assurance engineers.
Sample slides from a theoretical part
The training consists of 5 one-hour sessions. Before the training, you get:
- Accelerated Software Trace Analysis, Revised Edition, Part 1: Fundamentals and Basic Patterns (PDF)
- The current version of Malware Narratives (PDF).
- Trace, Log, Text, Narrative: An Analysis Pattern Reference for Data Mining, Diagnostics, Anomaly Detection, Fourth Edition (PDF).
- Access to Software Diagnostics Library.
After the training, you also get:
- The new edition of Accelerated Windows Software Trace Analysis: Training Course Transcript (PDF).
- The revised edition of Malware Narratives (PDF).
- The new edition of Trace, Log, Text, Narrative (PDF).
- Personalized Certificate of Attendance with unique CID.
- Optional Personalized Certificate of Completion with unique CID (after the tests).
- Answers to questions during training sessions.
If payment after registration doesn't work, please use this button below to pay directly, and we send registration approval within 24 hours: