This training course is a Linux version of the previous Practical Foundations of Windows Debugging, Disassembly, Reversing book. It also complements Accelerated Linux Core Dump Analysis training course.
Although the book skeleton is the same as its Windows predecessor, the content was revised entirely because of a different operating system, debugger (GDB), toolchain (GCC, assembler, linker), application binary interface, and even an assembly language flavor, AT&T.
The course is useful for:
- Software support and escalation engineers, cloud security engineers, SRE, and DevSecOps
- Software engineers coming from JVM background
- Software testers
- Engineers coming from non-Linux environments, for example, Windows or Mac OS X
- Linux C/C++ software engineers without assembly language background
- Security researchers without assembly language background
- Beginners learning Linux software reverse engineering techniques
This book can also be used as an x64 assembly language and Linux debugging supplement for relevant undergraduate-level courses.
- Title: Practical Foundations of Linux Debugging, Disassembling, Reversing: Training Course
- Authors: Dmitry Vostokov, Software Diagnostics Services
- Language: English
- Product Dimensions: 28.0 x 21.6
- PDF: 174 pages
- Publisher: OpenTask (January 2021)
- ISBN-13: 978-1-912636-34-1